MyMenu1


The day before comps

By: Clau González on 7/22/2014 at 4:58 PM Categories:
Tomorrow, I finally take my comps. FINALLY.

Sadly, I did not get to take today off... I had so much to do before tomorrow.

In an ideal world, I would have one more week to practice more questions and really memorize all the cites. Though I am not sure this will make a big difference.

I began this blog as a way to keep myself motivated and focused during the time I had to study for comps. There have been many ups and downs in this process. If anyone were to look at the number of posts per day, it would be very easy to see which days were the better ones.

Despite any challenges (and there were many), I managed to review and write about every topic for the exam. I also was able to make electronic flashcards and table of articles. Unexpectedly, I even made regular flashcards and practiced writing out all the cites multiple times (an inherently difficult task because of my dyslexia).

The only thing I did not do was to practice more questions. But after one question it was clear my biggest weakness was the memorization of all the citations. And this is how I have tried to spend my days.

All there is left to do is to be confident that my preparation will be evident as I take the test.

As expected, I will be away for the next few days.

¡Si se puede!